Sunday 5 December 2010

What is the difference between bikes and kids?


I once told my son he made it easy for me to pick my favourite child, now before you tell me what a bad Dad I am, I didn't tell him which end of the scale he was at. He told me I wasn't allowed to do that, I had to love them all the same, and he's right I do and ... I do. Bikes are different. They know that you love them, they know that you love them different though. It depends what you are doing, how well you are doing it and what your favourite cycling sport is. Take the winter hack, we love them a little less than our new carbon even though they were our first arrival. It's a funny thing emotion and out of our control. So don't worry if you miss your bike as much as you miss the kids when you go away it really is natural.
 Just don't tell your partner you have worked out your emotions thanks to my blog, I am not qualified to give this sort of advice
In the picture is my new arrival, the Giant trinity.It's been here a while now but it has been too cold to do the usual male thing with a new arrival. Strip them naked and hold them up to take a picture you can embarrass them with at their 18th birthday party. Well, I'm happy to do that with a child but not with Trinity, (what a name, just like the lady in Matrix, I have my own Trinity - wow). She has stayed in until it was warm enough for me to clean her up and put her together. So, she's now ready, just need the ice to go and more importantly the salt. Still its all set up ready to be unleashed, just need the weather. Meanwhile it is back to the VR turbo, indoor 20 mile ride and some track today. Luxury.

Just one other thought, for those of you who don't think the bikes come from somewhere special take a look at the family resemblance between trinity and my first born 'defy' and tell me they arn't from the same genetic strain.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Always thought of getting a time trial bike. Look forward to seeing how it goes when the weather gets better