Sunday 14 October 2012

end of week two.....


Well, that was the end of week two. A similar week to week one including some rainy days, some very windy days, and one or two sunny but cold ones. I still did a 200 mile week finishing today with a ride just short of 70 miles. So how is it going? Well I moped around on Monday, my rest day, it was then a mix of 90 minute ride, 3 hour ride, 90 minute ride, one hour ride, turbo session and today's 41/2 hour ride.
So what was different, on Wednesday I went for a ride with someone else for the three hour session. It was good to spin around with someone else but I needed to concentrate on my zones to avoid slipping into the wrong effort. I still had no problems motivating myself to go out in the wind and rain to complete the days session. Friday was a great run to the Eureka cafe and the tacx trainer is repaired and kept me in Saturdays required zones.
Sunday's long ride was a bit different, I rode out to Eureka with Ade and his daughter at a nice easy pace, cycling as it was originally intended enjoying the company and the Cheshire Lanes. At Eureka I bumped into Chris White and his team sporting their new bioracer kit. it looks terrific and its well worth a google to see what he is up to. I had a few offers of company next week which I will take up before heading off on my own. I remained disciplined all the way to Queensferry when I spotted Liverpool Century chain ganging down the road ahead of me. Rather stupidly I decided to chase them down and pushed my HR up to 175 before i caught them and rode back to Eureka for a couple of miles. I can feel it in my legs tonight and if it wasn't a rest day tomorrow i could of ruined the training for a few days so not clever.

Other than that, the frame up top is a replacement for my winter bike a scott CR1 I bought for its easier sportive geometry, As someone who always rides race specs it hasn't been that comfortable so Cheshire Oaks cycles have done a great job providing me (not free but great price) with a scott foil HMX 2013 frame and are in the process of stripping the gear of the old one. More next week.

So that is it for now, perhaps some kit thoughts in the week ....

No comments: