Thursday 10 January 2013

Here it is....

So after a few technical difficulties getting the photos onto the blog here is the new time trial bike...


 
 
It's a cannondale slice RS ultegra with upgraded wheels to Mavic Cosmic RS rather than the standard Kysirium equip. It was lovingly put together by the team at Cheshire Oak cycles not the easiest of jobs as it's the first of six in the country and has a few unique attributes.
 
When I got to the store it was already being admired and photographed so I politely waited while the spotters took their pictures.

 
 
It's everything I had hoped it would be and looks much better in real life than the pictures that frankly don't do it justice. With it's racing slick tyres and the weather in the UK at the moment it is staying in my lounge next to the TV until I finish admiring it.
 
So here is the technical side:
 
It has narrow cross sections to reduce drag and increase speed with the highest level of stiffness and power transfer, The fork steerer is outside the headtube to make it narrower and reduce the frontal area while helping to increase stiffness and improve handling.
 
 
 
All the cables run through the top of the stem and into the downtube increasing the aero profile and improving steering through the carbon bars.
 
 
The brakes are hidden behind the fork and under the bottom bracket in a v shape to improve stopping power and again, increase the aero dynamics.
 
 
It has the thinnest UCI legal seat post preventing air from the legs interfering with the aerodynamics of the bike frame as well as reducing vibration on the road.
 
I opted for the ultegra group set though I would love the electronic version on it (maybe later). The crank is a BB30 with vision 31.8 carbon bars and cannondale brakes. A fizik arione Tri 2 with magnesium rails in blue completes my favourite patriotic colour scheme of red, white and blue. While connecting the machine to the road are schwalbe durano s tyres.
 
So this is it in all its glory, In short its designed to be fast and it sure looks it.  I can't wait to get out on it and, of course, knock four minutes off my 10 mile time, easy... Updates as I try it
 
Final picture was taken by my daughter Katie.... The Cannondale RS slice in its full glory,, I'm going to enjoy this. (if you want one get in touch with Cheshire Oak cycles http://www.cheshireoakscycles.co.uk/ 0151 355 9991 and ask for Phil [tell him he looks like a smurf and you get a discount])
 






No comments: