Thursday 18 November 2010

Who has been reading my blog?

Having asked the question everyone wanted to know the answer to ' What is happening to Contodor' the World Anti-doping organisation have rushed forward to answer me. They refute Contador's claim that he was contaminated by clenbuterol saying that minute traces are only found in 1 in 300,000 cattle when rogue farmers inject them to accelerate growth. Apparently this makes his claim impossible! But wait a minute could it have been the 300,000th cow? If so Contodor is innocent, should I change my blog? No not at the moment, the WADO tested the meat at the butchers that supplied the steak and found it was negative - sorry Alberto I think you did it!!!

What do we think about the cyclist being awarded £280,000 for crushed legs, multiple fractures and a life on crutches? I don't think many people would turn down that amount of money but think for a moment. Unable to work is bad enough but what if your triathlon career was cut short and you could never compete again. Would you take the money? Would you live with the pain? I wouldn't, it's hardly enough to buy a house never mind compensate for the loss of an activity you love. The cyclists solicitors Russel Jones and Walker appear quite proud of the out of court settlement - personally I don't think it came close to compensating an athlete for their loss.

No comments: