Sunday 28 November 2010

Well Done Wiggle - A straight forward Delivery


The trinity arrived safely on Thursday night. I waited all day for her putting off a trip to London to show what a good Dad I could be. That of course left me stuck in a traffic jam at 9pm for two hours but worth it. And what a delivery. A huge box arrived with Wiggle and a picture of a bike on it. The delivery guy, stating the bleeding obvious, saying 'got a new bike then?' Putting aside the many things I wanted to say, I asked him to help me through to the garage with the box. I have to say, this was the first time I have gone for an alternative delivery. As mentioned in my previous blog the price was too good to pass up on. I have always loved the experience of picking bikes up from the shop. This though, so far, was as smooth as it comes. I opened one end of the box, slid the bike out and there it is as you see in the picture. Handlebars folded flat and lots of wrappers to clear off.  So.... my task this week cut the packaging off, and fit the bits and pieces. A quick confession... like many cyclists I'm not a fan of getting the spanners out so I'm hoping it goes well. Mind you....looking at the forecast it could be a while before I get out on it.  So the plan is a scientific test on time trial bikes, with a sample base of two (yes it will be you Ade).... we will time ourselves on normal bikes then time ourselves on the time trial bikes. Stand by for the results, we wonder if TT bikes are a conspiracy between the professional cyclist and the bike manufacturers to persuade us to part with our dough but stand by for the most in depth cycling study Wirral Mamils have ever completed[yes i will be the first]. So brandy and cigars on hold..I'm of to the VR world, avoiding the ice and cold, for a twenty mile ride through the Alps, Life doesn't get any better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet, Sexy, southern belle.. Looking forward to trying to keep up with you on the 10milers when the weather clears! Ade