Tuesday 13 November 2012

Test week - in more ways than one


Well, this week has had me suffering from two tests, the first was having builders in the house all week and still trying to do my training. Particularly trying was completing the second test, on my tacx with the builders watching through a window in the kitchen. They at least were impressed. In the end I only missed one days ride. The first since I started some five weeks ago. Sometimes life just takes over. I have managed the work this week but next week could be just as bad as the kitchen goes in.


So here is the late and brief summary of the week.
Monday was the turbo test, It began with a 15 minute warm up stolen from the British cycling team, followed, five minutes later by a steady paced 10 mile session on the tacx, I chose to ride around Paris maintaining a steady 245 w before cooling down for a further 15 minutes. I;m still learning about pacing so I'm not sure I did myself justice on the machine. I maintained a steady heart rate but the power was a bit up and down. At the end, as usual I was soaked in sweat and tired but quickly recovered and found myself resenting such a short session, What it will do though is allow me to calculate the power I can hold over a set distance when competing.

The rest of the week was supposed to be a recovery week and though it fitted my building project I did resent it.

I missed Wednesdays session, did a 90 minute ride in z1/2 Thursday an hour z1 Friday, turbo Saturday and a four hour non stop ride Sunday, overall it felt like I was cheating with just 150 miles this week.

On a positive note in five weeks I have lost 12lbs in weight and treated myself to a Di2 ultegra upgrade...brilliant

No comments: